As part of the Here, There, and Elsewhere festival, SFMOMA’s Public Programs team had the opportunity to pair with sister institutions around town. With Carolina Caycedo’s piece We Have All the Ingredients, we took over seminar spaces and the roof gardens of both the California Academy of Sciences and the San Francisco Art Institute. Carolina took us from the microscopic to the telescopic, but the treat of each performance was the cleansing tea that she prepared for us. Get a leg up on the New Year and try this delicious cleanse at home!
Carolina’s Cleansing Tea:
Bring to boil 1 liter/34 fl. oz. water. Add 1 teaspoon of each ingredient below, except for the ginger honey crystals. Boil at low heat for 20 minutes. Add the ginger honey crystals and stir. Turn the heat off. Let the tea stand for 5 minutes. Serve.
– Dry goji berries: Source of vitamins, antioxidants, and minerals. Fights bacteria and fungi.
– American ginseng: Boosts immune system. Reduces physical and emotional stress.
– Baby chrysanthemum buds: Aromatic. Treats circulatory disorders. Clears liver and eyes.
– Liquorice root: Harmonizing ingredient. Cleans respiratory tract and bowel.
– Ginger Honey Crystals: Sweet and spicy. Expectorant. Soothes stomach.
If you are interested in more than just the recipe, you can find Carolina’s complete text from the performance here.